WHISPERING PINES TRAIL RUN – Saturday May 16, 2015 – Tyler, Texas
This scamper will challenge with its varied terrain as you run within the Texas pineywoods. You will experience a few roots, a few rocks, with the majority being nicely groomed single-track.
What the Tribe is Saying about Whispering Pines…
Awesome event! My first race where I didn't even get the chance to think "Where's the finish?" before we came up on it - a true sign of enjoying the run. Thank you for making this a great experience through and through!
You guys are the best! Thanks for another great race!
Wow, what a treat to run this beautiful trail! Each time I attend Dave's races, I feel like I am at a family reunion. I have met some of the most incredible athletes. "The trails we call home, the people that are there, I call family", thanks for embracing me at every race!!! See you again!!!
DATE: Saturday May 16, 2015
DISTANCE: 7 km, 10 mile, 20 mile, 50 km
LOCATION: Tyler, Texas (Tyler State Park)
Tyler State Park located 90 miles East of Dallas off Interstate-20, just north of downtown Tyler, Texas.
STARTING TIME: 50km/20mile – 7:00am, 10 mile / 7 km – 7:30am, Free Kid’s Fun Run – 7:35am
TIME LIMIT: 10 hour time limit! This is based on the 50 km start time.
REGISTER: Coming Soon!
**Must register by April 19th to receive a premium Organic cotton and bamboo event shirt!
**Payment is with credit card or through your PayPal account. If you desire to pay with credit card AND you have a PayPal account, the email address and credit card number used at check-out must NOT be linked/associated with that PayPal account.
**You can pay with credit card within your PayPal account if the account doesn’t have enough funds to pay for the transaction.
There will be an entry limit of 300 runners.
Online Registration closes on Monday, May 11, 2015.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by April 19 to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day. (where applicable)
- Post-race tummy happiness. (usually chicken/vegetarian tacos, fruit).
- A buzz’n and usable finisher’s gift. (in accords with our company’s mission)
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
Purchase and Reserve your snazzy EBA Hydrapouch to pick up race morning! (Note, you may have already done so during registration.)
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: A variety of campsites can be found at Tyler State Park.
Campsites closest to the race start/finish (Group Pavilion #3) include Cedar Point and Lakeview camping areas. It’s a fairly small park so all campsites are fairly close and will only require a short drive, at most.
The cities of Tyler and Lindale have a variety of hotel options that are close by.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: - Here are those getting dirty on May 16!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a traditional medal. Maybe something sweet like this…
Fast Feet gift awards for 50 km, 20 mile, 10 mile, and 7 km races:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards assigned first. Then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after April 19.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.