WHISPERING PINES TRAIL RUN – Saturday June 1, 2013 – Tyler, Texas
Whispering Pines Trail Run occurs on the plush pine needled single-track within the sweet trail system at Tyler State Park located 90 miles East of Dallas off Interstate-20, just north of downtown Tyler, Texas.
This scamper will challenge with its varied terrain as you run within the Texas pineywoods. You will experience a few roots, a few rocks, with the majority being nicely groomed single-track.
DATE: Saturday June 1, 2013
DISTANCE: 10 mile, 20 mile, 50 km
LOCATION: Tyler, Texas (Tyler State Park)
Tyler State Park located 90 miles East of Dallas off Interstate-20, just north of downtown Tyler, Texas.
STARTING TIME: 50km – 6:30am, 20 mile – 6:45am, 10 mile – 7:00am, Free Kid’s Fun Run – 7:35am
TIME LIMIT: 10 hour time limit! This is based on the 50 km start time.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: A variety of campsites can be found at Tyler State Park.
Campsites closest to the race start/finish (Group Pavilion #3) include Cedar Point and Lakeview camping areas. It’s a fairly small park so all campsites are fairly close and will only require a short drive, at most.
Whispering Pines RV Resort – Short drive from state park and contains cabins and RV sites along with a variety of other amenities.
The cities of Tyler and Lindale have a variety of hotel options that are close by.
LOCAL COMMUNITY SUPPORT: We are excited to share a portion of the event proceeds with John Tyler High School Boys and Girls Cross Country Team in Tyler, Texas.
REGISTER: Reserve your ticket for this trail running party at Ultra Signup.
There will be an entry limit of 300 runners. Initially set up for 100 per distance.
Registration closes on Sunday, May 26, 2013. No race day registration.
Included in your entry fee:
- Comfy Bamboo and organic cotton premium event shirt. You must registered by May 5 to receive a shirt or save some coin if you’re running out of space for all your event shirts. Registrations after May 5 will be the no-shirt pricing.
- On-site professional medical support
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Well marked course
- Park entrance fee for runner race day
- Race course fluid and nutrition
- Finisher’s gift
- Post-race tummy happiness.
- Support a local organization
- Loads of fun!
Other boring but necessary details:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after May 5.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed and will be made available to the event volunteers following the race.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: - Here are those getting dirty on June 1!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a traditional medal.
Fast Feet gift awards for both 50 km, 20 mile, and 10 mile race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.