ROUGH CREEK – Saturday September 20 2014 – Glen Rose, Texas
Rough Creek Trail Run occurs on the ruggedly beautiful grounds and private property of Rough Creek Lodge & Resort just outside the town of Glen Rose, Texas.
This course provides a unique mix of terrain, from well groomed, toenail safe trails on varied terrain, to the steep, rugged, and technical miles along a featured section of the course we call the Rusty Crown.
It could be hot (avg 89F high / 65F low). There is not a lot of shade. Be prepared! Check out the Course Info and Maps page for hot weather running insight and tips.
New for 2014!
- Rough Creek is part of the new EBA series challenges. Check out the dirty details here.
- All 5 EBA races will be part of the 2014 Texas Trail Running Championship Series.
DATE: Saturday September 20, 2014
DISTANCE: half marathon, marathon, 40 mile
LOCATION: Glen Rose, Texas (Rough Creek Lodge & Resort)
Address: 5165 County Road 2013, Glen Rose, Texas 76043
STARTING TIME: 40 mile, marathon – 7:00 AM, half marathon – 7:30 AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – Shortly after half marathon start.
TIME LIMIT: 13.5 hour time limit! This is based on the 40 mile start time. The entire course closes at 8:30 PM. See cutoff times in the Course Info and Maps section below.
REGISTER: Reserve your ticket for this trail running party at Coming Soon!
*No shirt for entry after August 24*
There will be an event limit of 400 runners.
Registration closes on Sunday, September 14, 2014. No race week or race day registration.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by August 24 to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day. (where applicable)
- Post-race tummy happiness. (usually chicken/vegetarian tacos, fruit)
- A buzz’n and usable finisher’s gift. (in accords with our company’s mission)
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Staying at Rough Creek Lodge will offer walk-out-your-door racing comfort and convenience.
- There are a variety of hotels within the town of Glen Rose.
- Also, Dinosaur Valley State Park and Cleburne State Park are nearby with camping options.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: - Here are those getting dirty on September 20!
- coming soon
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a medal. Maybe something sweet like this…
Fast Feet gift awards for half marathon, marathon, and 40 mile race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards will be assigned first, then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT NECESSARY DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after August 24.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.