ROUGH CREEK – Saturday September 19 2015 – Glen Rose, Texas
This course provides a unique mix of terrain, from well groomed, toenail safe trails on varied terrain, to the steep, rugged, and technical miles along a featured section of the course we call the Rusty Crown.
A memory making adventure with a community of great people.
Lace them up and get ready for a day of awesomeness!
It could be hot (avg 89F high / 65F low). There is not a lot of shade. Be prepared! Check out the Course Info and Maps page for hot weather running insight and tips.
What the Tribe is Saying about Rough Creek…
DATE: Saturday September 19, 2015
DISTANCE: 10km, half marathon, marathon, 40 mile
LOCATION: Glen Rose, Texas (Rough Creek Lodge & Resort)
Address: 5165 County Road 2013, Glen Rose, Texas 76043
STARTING TIME: 40 mile / marathon – 7:00 AM, 10 km / half marathon – 7:30 AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – Shortly after half marathon start.
TIME LIMIT: 13.5 hour time limit! This is based on the 40 mile start time. The entire course closes at 8:30 PM. See cutoff times in the Course Info and Maps section below.
LIVE RACE UPDATES and RESULTS: Check out the 3 ways to follow the action.
REGISTER: All-Inclusive Pricing. What’s included.
You can join the RC trail party and register at Webscorer. We are honored to share the day with you and super excited to support your adventure!
- Verify your name on the Rough Creek Confirmation List.
- Tweet out the fun news (simply click to tweet) – Registered for the Rough Creek Trail Run by @ebuzzadventures ! Join in the fun @ http://ctt.ec/ycR0J+
Important: Online Registration closes on Sunday, September 13, 2015.
*Register by August 23 to receive comfy bamboo / organic cotton event shirt*
**Payment is with credit card or through your PayPal account. If you desire to pay with credit card AND you have a PayPal account, the email address and credit card number used at check-out must NOT be linked/associated with that PayPal account.
**You can pay with credit card within your PayPal account if the account doesn’t have enough funds to pay for the transaction.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Staying at Rough Creek Lodge will offer walk-out-your-door racing comfort and convenience.
Rough Creek Lodge pricing special
- $656 per couple per night rate (works out to $328 per person) that includes the room, dinner and breakfast for two (mention Rough Creek Trail Run)
- There are a variety of hotels within the town of Glen Rose.
- Also, Dinosaur Valley State Park is nearby with camping options.
FREE ENTRY / VOLUNTEER TRIBE:
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a usable finisher’s gift.
Fast Feet gift awards for 10 km, half marathon, marathon, and 40 mile race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards will be assigned first, then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT NECESSARY DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after August 23, 2015.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.