ROUGH CREEK – Saturday September xx 2015 – Glen Rose, Texas
This course provides a unique mix of terrain, from well groomed, toenail safe trails on varied terrain, to the steep, rugged, and technical miles along a featured section of the course we call the Rusty Crown.
A memory making adventure with a community of great people.
Lace them up and get ready for a day of awesomeness!
It could be hot (avg 89F high / 65F low). There is not a lot of shade. Be prepared! Check out the Course Info and Maps page for hot weather running insight and tips.
What the Tribe is Saying about Rough Creek…
The volunteers were AMAZING!!! I'm so happy to be a part of the tribe now, and can't wait to do another one of your events!! Even though it was challenging, I truly had a blast.
You really do have a special race at Rough Creek. Having been to one of your previous races, I wasn't surprised this time around with the AWESOME volunteers and the overall experience. I'm happy to be a part of the tribe and glad my boys got to participate this time around. Baron also decided the cowbell was his just after you handed it to me. Can't wait for the next EBA adventure.
A hearty "thank you" for another thrilling EBA adventure! Rough Creek was by far the most challenging trail event I've ever done. On each climb I embraced the challenge (as you often say), and kept stating to myself, "finish what you start". I also said, "Gosh, Dave had to mark this whole course himself?!!!?" We can tell you love what you do. Thank you! I appreciate the time and effort you put into providing so many of us a rockin' good time, and the opportunity to challenge ourselves beyond what we already know.
DATE: Saturday September xx, 2015
DISTANCE: half marathon, marathon, 40 mile
LOCATION: Glen Rose, Texas (Rough Creek Lodge & Resort)
Address: 5165 County Road 2013, Glen Rose, Texas 76043
STARTING TIME: 40 mile / marathon – 7:00 AM, 10 km / half marathon – 7:30 AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – Shortly after half marathon start.
TIME LIMIT: 13.5 hour time limit! This is based on the 40 mile start time. The entire course closes at 8:30 PM. See cutoff times in the Course Info and Maps section below.
LIVE RACE UPDATES and RESULTS: Check out the 3 ways to follow the action.
REGISTER: Coming soon!
Important: Online Registration closes on Sunday, September xx, 2015.
After registering, tweet out the exciting news!
*Register by August xx to receive comfy bamboo / organic cotton event shirt*
**Payment is with credit card or through your PayPal account. If you desire to pay with credit card AND you have a PayPal account, the email address and credit card number used at check-out must NOT be linked/associated with that PayPal account.
**You can pay with credit card within your PayPal account if the account doesn’t have enough funds to pay for the transaction.
There will be an event limit of 400 runners.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by August xx to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day. (where applicable)
- Post-race tummy happiness.
- A usable finisher’s gift. (in accords with our company’s mission)
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
Purchase and reserve your snazzy EBA Hydrapouch to pick up race morning! (Note, You may have already done this during registration.)
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Staying at Rough Creek Lodge will offer walk-out-your-door racing comfort and convenience.
Special Rough Creek Lodge room rate price of $275 / night. This is good for Friday and/or Saturday night.
- There are a variety of hotels within the town of Glen Rose.
- Also, Dinosaur Valley State Park and Cleburne State Park are nearby with camping options.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a useable item and will not be a traditional medal.
Fast Feet gift awards for 10 km, half marathon, marathon, and 40 mile race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards will be assigned first, then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT NECESSARY DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after August xx.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.