ROUGH CREEK – Saturday September 14, 2013 – Glen Rose, Texas
Rough Creek Trail Run occurs on the ruggedly beautiful grounds and private property of Rough Creek Lodge & Resort just outside the town of Glen Rose, Texas.
This course provides a unique mix of terrain, from well groomed, toenail safe trails on varied terrain, to the steep, rugged, and technical miles along a featured section of the course we call the Rusty Crown.
Three miles of each main loop is not easy for north Texas but will be an adventure.
It could be hot (avg 89F high / 65F low). There is not a lot of shade. Be prepared! Check out the Course Info and Maps page for hot weather running insight and tips.
DATE: Saturday September 14, 2013
DISTANCE: half marathon, marathon, 40 mile
(Note 4/10/13: We made a course tweak that will include: great running terrain, amazing views, removal of the somewhat long and flat out-and-back section to the Lake aid station, and replace it with the addition of “The Bowl”. We are taking Rough Creek “one louder”! I have a feeling you will really like the new course. Course Maps and profiles are now updated!)
Here is a partial glimpse of “The Bowl”.
LOCATION: Glen Rose, Texas (Rough Creek Lodge & Resort)
Address: 5165 County Road 2013, Glen Rose, Texas 76043
STARTING TIME: 40 mile, marathon – 7:00 AM, half marathon – 7:30 AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – Shortly after half marathon start.
TIME LIMIT: 13.5 hour time limit! This is based on the 40 mile start time. The entire course closes at 8:30 PM. See cutoff times in the Course Info and Maps section below.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Staying at Rough Creek Lodge will offer walk-out-your-door racing comfort and convenience.
Mention “endurance buzz race” for the below special Rough Creek Lodge pricing:
- Coming soon!
- There are a variety of hotels within the town of Glen Rose.
- Also, Cleburne State Park and Dinosaur Valley State Park are nearby with camping options.
LOCAL COMMUNITY SUPPORT: tba
REGISTER: Reserve your ticket for this trail running party at Ultra Sign-up.
There will be an event limit of 400 runners divided as follows:
- 150 – half marathon
- 150 – marathon
- 100 – 40 mile
The event limit of 400 is firm regardless if the individual race limit has not been reached. There may be some flexibility if an individual race has filled up and we have not reached the event limit.
Registration closes on Sunday, September 8. No race day registration.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: - Here are those getting dirty on September 14!
- half marathon
- 40 mile
Included in your entry fee:
- Comfy Bamboo and Organic cotton premium event shirt. You must registered by Sunday, August 18 to receive a shirt or save some coin if you’re running out of space for all your event shirts. Registrations after August 18 will be the no-shirt pricing.
- On-site professional medical support
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes
- Well marked course
- Race course fluid and nutrition
- Finisher’s gift
- Post-race happy-tummy food.
- Support…coming soon!
- loads of fun!
Other boring but necessary details:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after Sunday, August 18.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed and will be made available to the event volunteers following the race.
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a medal.
Fast Feet gift awards for half marathon, marathon, and 40 mile race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.