POSSUM KINGDOM TRAIL RUN – Saturday April 12, 2014 – Graford, Texas
The Possum Kingdom Trail Run occurs on the highly varied and beautiful outdoor environment within the Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail System located 90 miles West of central Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. (A short drive northwest of Mineral Wells, Texas)
This scamper will challenge with its varied terrain that includes mostly run-friendly double-wide trail along with a few short sections of sigletrack. You will experience a number of fun climbs that will provide breathtaking views of Possum Kingdom Lake. Expect a few rocks, a few roots, and plenty of trail running goodness!
What the Tribe is Saying about Possum Kingdom…
All class. Saturday was one of best organized events I've ever participated in. Thank you and congratulations.
New for 2014!
- Possum Kingdom is part of two new EBA series challenges. Check out the dirty details here.
- All 5 EBA races will be part of the 2014 Texas Trail Running Championship Series.
***2014 PK Results***
***2014 PK Photos***
DATE: Saturday April 12, 2014
DISTANCE: 20 km, 55 km, 52 mile
**Course distance measured with a Rolatape Professional Series measuring wheel. Yes the distances may be a little goofy, but we kind of like it that way…And the distances are accurate!
LOCATION: Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail System – Graford, Texas
The Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail System is located 90 miles West of central Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. (A short drive northwest of Mineral Wells, Texas)
Google Map Link - This gives the location of Bug Beach Road which is the location of the start/finish area.
- PK Driving Map
- PK Peninsula Map with aid station locations
- Bug Beach Layout
- How to Park at Bug Beach
STARTING TIME: 52 mile / 55 km – 7:00 am, 20 km – 8:00 am
LIVE RACE UPDATES and RESULTS: New for 2014, live race updates where possible. Check out the 3 ways to follow the action.
12-and-UNDER KIDS FUN RUN: We will have a free 12-and-under kids fun run! It will be a .40 mile loop around the Bug Beach area. Our youth will run one or two loops depending on their age. Must have parent sign waiver and pick up a luck bib number at packet pickup. Time – 8:05 am
TIME LIMIT: 14 hour 15 minute time limit! This is based on the 52 mile / 55 km start time.
REGISTER: Reserve your ticket for this trail running party now at Webscorer.com! (Please see Payment note below.)
**Update 4/8: There is a Webscorer server snafu that happened last night and into this morning. The server is back up! Registration will be extended till end of day Tuesday. Sorry about that and thanks for your patience. There is no race day registration.
**Payment is with credit card or through your PayPal account. If you desire to pay with credit card AND you have a PayPal account, the email address and credit card number used at check-out must NOT be linked/associated with that PayPal account.
**You can pay with credit card within your PayPal account if the account doesn’t have enough funds to pay for the transaction.
**Must register by March 16 to receive an organic cotton and bamboo event shirt. (no-shirt, save some money option also available)
**There will be an entry limit of 350 runners.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by March 16 to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day. (where applicable)
- Post-race tummy happiness. (usually chicken/vegetarian tacos, fruit).
- A buzz’n and usable finisher’s gift. (in accords with our company’s mission)
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
Purchase and Reserve your snazzy EBA Hydrapouch to pick up race morning! (Note, You may have already done this during registration.)
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: A variety of free campsites are available within a couples miles of the start/finish (Bug Beach) area and include:
See Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail Map for reference.
Note: Campsites are first come, first serve. Note, I have yet to see more than a couple tents. Also no water hook-ups or electricity at any of the campsites.
- North D&D (Use Area #4) – Approx. 75 campsites. New facilities (bathrooms/showers). Playground. Some trees. Top recommendation if you want a few amenities. Within a couple miles of start/finish (Bug Beach)
- Sandy Beach (Use Area #6) – Approx. 45 campsites. New facilities (bathrooms/showers). Playground. More exposed. Within a couple miles of start/finish (Bug Beach)
- Bug Beach (Use Area #5) – Approx. 12 campsites…loosely stated. Start/Finish area and has a bathroom (no showers).
Here is a great map courtesy of the Possum Kingdom Chamber of Commerce that showcases camping, lodging, and dining options within a stone’s throw to the race site (or at least very close ) – Possum Kingdom: Lodging, Dining, Camping Map (pdf file)
The above map should provide great insight of everything close to the race site but you can always check out the PK Chamber of Commerce Visitors tab for more.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: - Here are those getting dirty on April 12!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a traditional medal. Maybe something sweet like this…
Fast Feet gift awards for 52 mile, 55 km, and 20 km race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards assigned first. Then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after March 16.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.