POSSUM KINGDOM TRAIL RUN – Saturday April 11, 2015 – Graford, Texas
This scamper will challenge with its varied terrain that includes mostly run-friendly double-wide trail along with a few short sections of sigletrack. You will experience a number of fun climbs that will provide breathtaking views of Possum Kingdom Lake. Expect a few rocks, a few roots, and plenty of trail running goodness!
What the Tribe is Saying about Possum Kingdom…
All class. Saturday was one of best organized events I've ever participated in. Thank you and congratulations.
Another word of thanks for all your efforts and energy you put toward making this race happen. I truly enjoyed the weekend at PK, my first ultra in TX and my first 50-miler in 8 years. Thanks for the great volunteers at the aid stations.
Awesome race, guys. Thanks for all your hard work putting it together. Was my first trail race and I'm already excited for the next one!
DATE: Saturday April 11, 2015
DISTANCE: 20 km, 56 km, 52 mile
**Course distance measured with a Rolatape Professional Series measuring wheel. Yes the distances may be a little goofy, but we kind of like it that way…And the distances are accurate!
LOCATION: Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail System – Graford, Texas
The Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail System is located 90 miles West of central Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. (A short drive northwest of Mineral Wells, Texas)
Google Map Link – This gives the location of Bug Beach Road which is the location of the start/finish area.
- PK Driving Map
- PK Peninsula Map with aid station locations
- Bug Beach Layout
- How to Park at Bug Beach
STARTING TIME: 52 mile / 56 km – 7:00 am, 20 km – 8:00 am
LIVE RACE UPDATES and RESULTS: Check out the 3 ways to follow the action.
12-and-UNDER KIDS FUN RUN: We will have a free 12-and-under kids fun run! It will be a .40 mile loop around the Bug Beach area. Our youth will run one or two loops depending on their age. Must have parent sign waiver and pick up a luck bib number at packet pickup. Time – 8:05 am
TIME LIMIT: 14 hour 15 minute time limit! This is based on the 52 mile / 56 km start time.
REGISTER: All-Inclusive Pricing. What’s included.
You can join the PK trail party and register at Webscorer. We are honored to share the day with you and super excited to support your adventure!
- Verify your name on the Possum Kingdom Confirmation List
- Tweet out the fun news! Simply Click to Tweet: Registered for the Possum Kingdom Trail Run by @ebuzzadventures! Join in the dirty fun @ http://ctt.ec/OFTpE+
**Must register by March 15 to receive a comfy event shirt.
**Online Registration closes on Sunday April 5, 2015.
**Payment is with credit card or through your PayPal account. If you desire to pay with credit card AND you have a PayPal account, the email address and credit card number used at check-out must NOT be linked/associated with that PayPal account.
**You can pay with credit card within your PayPal account if the account doesn’t have enough funds to pay for the transaction.
**There will be an entry limit of 400 runners.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: A variety of free campsites are available within a couples miles of the start/finish (Bug Beach) area and include:
See Possum Kingdom Lake Hike & Bike Trail Map for reference.
Note: Campsites are first come, first serve. Note, I have yet to see more than a couple tents. Also no water hook-ups or electricity at any of the campsites.
- North D&D (Use Area #4) – Approx. 75 campsites. New facilities (bathrooms/showers). Playground. Some trees. Top recommendation if you want a few amenities. Within a couple miles of start/finish (Bug Beach)
- Sandy Beach (Use Area #6) – Approx. 45 campsites. New facilities (bathrooms/showers). Playground. More exposed. Within a couple miles of start/finish (Bug Beach)
- Bug Beach (Use Area #5) – Approx. 12 campsites…loosely stated. Start/Finish area and has a bathroom (no showers).
Here is a great map courtesy of the Possum Kingdom Chamber of Commerce that showcases camping, lodging, and dining options within a stone’s throw to the race site (or at least very close ) – Possum Kingdom: Lodging, Dining, Camping Map (pdf file)
The above map should provide great insight of everything close to the race site but you can always check out the PK Chamber of Commerce Visitors tab for more.
FREE ENTRY / VOLUNTEER TRIBE:
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a usable finisher’s gift.
Fast Feet gift awards for 52 mile, 55 km, and 20 km race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards assigned first. Then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after March 15.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.