ISLE DU BOIS – Saturday December 6, 2014 – Pilot Point, Texas
The course itself contains a short segment of wooded double-wide paved trail before you get dirty on some muscle varied single-track within the mostly wooded terrain. You will experience sections of trail that allow you to kick it up a notch as you flow along some well groomed trail, and others that will required focused concentration as you work a short yet fun leg-awakening climb, or dance over and around sections of scattered rocks that will bite if you aren’t careful.
Midway through the clock-wise loop, you will enjoy some great views of Ray Roberts Lake and you may even see some white-tailed deer that often scamper throughout the park.
What the Tribe is Saying about Isle du Bois…
Great race! You always do an excellent job! Thank you. Can't wait for the next one.
I sure appreciate you and your ideals! Thank you for putting these great runs together. I enjoy the cozy atmosphere and good sportsmanship it fosters. I look forward to more of your events.
Thanks for a great race! Location awesome, trails rocked, people the best!
New for 2014!
- ***We have added a 5 mile scamper!
- Isle du Bois is part of the new EBA series challenges. Check out the dirty details here.
- All 5 EBA races will be part of the 2014 Texas Trail Running Championship Series.
DATE: Saturday December 6, 2014
DISTANCE: 55 km, 36 km, 18 km, 5 mile (*new for 2014)
Yep, our race distances are odd and we kind of like it that way! While the distances may be wacky, they are measured with a professional measuring wheel = pretty darn accurate.
LOCATION: Pilot Point, Texas ( Isle du Bois Unit of Ray Roberts Lake State Park)
Pilot Point is located 55 miles north of downtown Dallas.
Park entrance is off of FM 455 on the southern shores of Ray Roberts Lake.
STARTING TIME: 55 km / 36 km – 7:30 AM, 18 km / 5 mile – 8:00 AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – 8:05 AM
TIME LIMIT: 9 hour time limit! This is based on the 55 km start time. The entire course will be officially closed at 4:30 PM. See cutoff times in the Course section below.
REGISTER: All-Inclusive Pricing. No Surprises.
Reserve your ticket for this trail running party and register at Webscorer.com.
- Verify you are on the IDB Confirmation List
- Tweet out the exciting news! - Simply Click to Tweet - I just registered for the Isle du Bois Trail Run by @ebuzzadventures! Join in the dirty fun @ http://ctt.ec/772mU+
The event will have a 400 runner limit.
Registration closes on Monday December 1. After Monday, no race week/day registration.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by November 9 to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day.
- Post-race tummy happiness.
- A cool and usable finisher’s gift.
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
* Entrance fee covers race participant only. Non-race participants will follow standard Texas State park entry guidelines: Children 12-and-under – free. Texas state park pass – All in car in free. If you are not a race participant and don’t fall into one of the above criteria – $7 per person.
PRE-RACE TWITTER Q&A:
Do you have any questions about the race? The course? Trail running? Size of the deer you will see?
On Thursday, November 20th from 8:00pm – 9:00pm, I will host a live IDB Q&A session on Twitter @ebuzzadventures.
Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
The Isle du Bois state park has a bunch of great camping sites and facilities.
If not interested in the camping option…
The Lantana Resort (room rate $85-$95) is about 10 minutes away from Isle du Bois State Park.
Mention “IDB trail race” if you plan on staying there and if we get 10 or more rooms booked, you all will get $5 off. Also, you also get free entry to Isle du Bois State Park during your stay. (Racers will already have free entry to the park on race day but family and friends could then get in free.)
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMODATIONS: The Isle du Bois Unit has nice campsites that include showers, bathrooms, electric, and water hookups.
Dear Ridge camping area would be within walking distance to race start and has nice facilities (bathroom, shower, etc) in the area.
Neighboring cities with hotels include Gainesville (~35 miles) and Sherman (~35 miles) to the north, and Denton (~21 miles), Frisco (~31 miles), and McKinney (~36 miles) to the south.
FREE ENTRY / VOLUNTEER TRIBE:
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a medal. Maybe something sweet like this…
Fast Feet gift awards for the 5 mile, 18 km, 36 km, and 55 km race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards will be assigned first, then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after Sunday, November 9.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food. Then hang out, cheer on fellow runners, and share trail stories!
And don’t forget to bring your rubber ducky, the ice bath is waiting.