ISLE DU BOIS – Saturday December 5, 2015 – Pilot Point, Texas
The course itself contains a short segment of wooded double-wide paved trail before you get dirty on some muscle varied single-track within the mostly wooded terrain. You will experience sections of trail that allow you to kick it up a notch as you flow along some well groomed trail, and others that will required focused concentration as you work a short yet fun leg-awakening climb, or dance over and around sections of scattered rocks that will bite if you aren’t careful.
Midway through the clock-wise loop, you will enjoy some great views of Ray Roberts Lake and you may even see some white-tailed deer that often scamper throughout the park.
What the Tribe is Saying about Isle du Bois…
Thanks for a great race! Location awesome, trails rocked, people the best!
You put on a great party! Look forward to the next adventure with you guys!
It was painfully fabulous! Thank you so much for such a well organized and super friendly crew of people! Only my second trail event and I plan on being back for more!
DATE: Saturday December 5, 2015
DISTANCE: 55 km, 36 km, 18 km, 5 mile
Yep, our race distances are odd and we kind of like it that way! While the distances may be wacky, they are measured with a professional measuring wheel = pretty darn accurate.
LOCATION: Pilot Point, Texas ( Isle du Bois Unit of Ray Roberts Lake State Park)
Pilot Point is located 55 miles north of downtown Dallas.
Park entrance is off of FM 455 on the southern shores of Ray Roberts Lake.
STARTING TIME: 55 km / 36 km – 7:30 AM, 18 km / 5 mile – 8:00 AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – 8:05 AM
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
LIVE RACE UPDATES and RESULTS: Check out the 3 ways to follow the action.
TIME LIMIT: 9 hour time limit! This is based on the 55 km start time. The entire course will be officially closed at 4:30 PM. See cutoff times in the Course section below.
REGISTER: All-Inclusive Pricing.
Reserve your ticket for this trail running party and register at…2015 Coming Soon.
The event will have a 400 runner limit.
Online registration closes on Monday November 30.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by November 8 to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day.
- Post-race tummy happiness.
- A cool and usable finisher’s gift.
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
* Entrance fee covers race participant only. Non-race participants will follow standard Texas State park entry guidelines: Children 12-and-under – free. Texas state park pass – All in car in free. If you are not a race participant and don’t fall into one of the above criteria – $7 per person.
The Isle du Bois state park has a bunch of great camping sites and facilities.
Dear Ridge camping area would be within walking distance to race start and has nice facilities (bathroom, shower, etc) in the area.
If not interested in the camping option…
The Lantana Resort is about 10 minutes away from Isle du Bois State Park for those looking for a comfy bed.
Neighboring cities with hotels include Gainesville (~35 miles) and Sherman (~35 miles) to the north, and Denton (~21 miles), Frisco (~31 miles), and McKinney (~36 miles) to the south.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We have always been a paper cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
FREE ENTRY / VOLUNTEER TRIBE:
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a usable finisher’s gift.
Fast Feet gift awards for the 5 mile, 18 km, 36 km, and 55 km race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male and female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards will be assigned first, then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after Sunday, November 8.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food. Then hang out, cheer on fellow runners, and share trail stories!
And don’t forget to bring your rubber ducky, the ice bath is waiting.