START/FINISH LOCATION: The start/finish and packet pickup will be right behind the main Preserve building (education center) near the parking lot. See Preserve Map for more details.
As you run through the beautiful wooded areas of the Preserve, you will encounter a mix of groomed and technical trail. The technical fun will mostly occur on the short and steep hills where roots and a few man-made steps will require extra concentration.
There is lots of adventure packed in this 2.69 mile loop!
**Course distance measured with a Rolatape Professional Series measuring wheel.
Course is subject to change and if so, maps/information will be updated and runners notified immediately.
AID STATION: We have always rocked the paper cup-free status at our aid stations! Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system.
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
We will have one fully supported aid station (Oasis) located at the start/finish/start-another-loop area that will contain water, electrolyte drink (Tailwind), and a buffet table of other sugary/salty trail running goodies.
Hot Weather Running Insight and Tips:
You will be running during the night hours but it will still be warm. Averages temps for these hours are between 85F – 76F.
Here are a few articles worth checking out to help prepare for running in hot weather.
- Hydration – What you need to know (from Hammer Nutrition)
- Electrolyte Replenishment – Why It’s So Important and How To Do It Right (from Hammer Nutrition)
- The Dangers of Hot Weather Running (From the hottest of hot events – Badwater)
If you are looking for a light source, a great all-around headlamp is the Black Diamond Spot (2016 version).
Here are a couple places you could purchase one of these solid headlamps:
- Running Warehouse (2-day free shipping) – Going through our Running Warehouse banner on Endurance Buzz may give us a little coffee money but cost you nothing.
This unique race format and course provides a unique end to the race.
You must start your last loop before your time cut-off.
Examples (Signed up for 3 hour race):
- Finished loop with 2:59:59 on the race clock. You can enjoy one more loop and add on a couple more miles to your total adventure.
- Finished loop with 3:01:00 on the race clock. That last loop counts towards your total miles but you can’t go out for another loop.