CEDAR RIDGE TRAIL RUN – Saturday July 27, 2013 – Dallas, Texas
Cedar Ridge Trail Run occurs on a surprisingly challenging and scenic trail system at Cedar Ridge Preserve located on the southwestern edge of the city of Dallas.
This scamper will challenge any local runner with its steep and sometimes technically challenging climbs and descents. There are a variety of man-made steps throughout the course that will turn it into as much adventure as trail run.
The moderately short loop format will be part of what I call Formula 1 trail racing where the action will be fast, fun, furious, and a little delirious.
It will be hot! Be prepared! (Avg: high 95F, low 76F) Check out the Course Info and Maps page for hot weather running insight and tips.
DATE: Saturday July 27, 2013
DISTANCE: 36 km, 18 km
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas (Cedar Ridge Nature Preserve)
Cedar Ridge Nature Preserve is located in the southwest corner of Dallas between I-20 and highway 67.
**Due to limited parking, please consider sharing a ride with your fellow running tribe.**
STARTING TIME: 36 km – 5:30am, 18 km – 5:45am, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – TBD
Note: It will be a dark start so you will need a light source.
TIME LIMIT: 8 hour time limit! This is based on the 36 km start time. The entire course will be officially closed at 1:30pm. See cutoff times in the Course section below.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: There are a variety of hotels within 3-5 miles of race site.
Also Cedar Hill State Park is nearby with camping options.
LOCAL COMMUNITY SUPPORT: We are fired-up to have a portion of the race proceeds help support the continued development and maintenance of Cedar Ridge Preserve.
REGISTER: Reserve your ticket for this trail running party at Ultra Signup.
There will be an entry limit of 160 runners (80 per distance).
Registration closes on Sunday, July 21, 2013. No race day registration.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: - Here are those getting dirty on July 27!
Included in your entry fee:
- Comfy Bamboo and organic cotton premium event shirt. You must registered by June 30 to receive a shirt or save some coin if you’re running out of space for all your event shirts. Registrations after June 30 will be the no-shirt pricing.
- on-site professional medical support
- online registration fees and any applicable taxes
- well marked course
- race course fluid and nutrition
- finisher’s gift
- Post-race food that will include fresh summer fruit and other tummy happy items.
- Support Cedar Ridge Preserve
- loads of fun!
Other boring but necessary details:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after June 30.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed and will be made available to the event volunteers following the race.
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a cool local item and will not be a traditional medal.
Fast Feet gift awards for both 18 km and 36 km race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.