CEDAR RIDGE TRAIL RUN – Replaced by Fossil Valley 3,6,9 Hour in 2015!
no images were found
This scamper will challenge any local runner with its steep and sometimes technically challenging climbs and descents. There are a variety of man-made steps throughout the course that will turn it into as much adventure as trail run.
The moderately short loop format will be part of what I call Formula 1 trail racing where the action will be fast, fun, furious, and a little delirious.
It will be hot! Be prepared! (Avg: high 95F, low 76F) Check out the Course Info and Maps page for hot weather running insight and tips.
What the Tribe is Saying about Cedar Ridge…
DATE: *Replaced by Fossil Valley 3,6,9 Hour in 2015!
DISTANCE: 36 km, 18 km, 9 km
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas (Cedar Ridge Nature Preserve)
Cedar Ridge Nature Preserve is located in the southwest corner of Dallas between I-20 and highway 67.
**Due to limited parking, please consider sharing a ride with your fellow running tribe.**
STARTING TIME: 36 km – 5:45am, 18 km – 6:00am, 9 km – 6:15am, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – TBD
Note: It will be a dark start so you will need a light source.
TIME LIMIT: 8 hour time limit! This is based on the 36 km start time. The entire course will be officially closed at 1:45pm. See cutoff times in the Course section below.
REGISTER: Coming soon!
**Payment is with credit card or through your PayPal account. If you desire to pay with credit card AND you have a PayPal account, the email address and credit card number used at check-out must NOT be linked/associated with that PayPal account.
**You can pay with credit card within your PayPal account if the account doesn’t have enough funds to pay for the transaction.
**Must register by June xx to receive an organic cotton and bamboo event shirt. (no-shirt, save some money option also available)
**There will be an entry limit of 200 runners.
Online Registration closes on Monday, July 20, 2015.
***Our trail event pricing includes ALL the following***:
- Groovy premium Organic Cotton and Bamboo event shirt. May be the most comfy shirt you ever wear. Must register by June xx to receive an event shirt or to save some coin with the no-shirt option.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees.
- Park entry for runner on race day. (where applicable)
- Post-race tummy happiness.
- A usable finisher’s gift. (in accords with our company’s mission)
- Rockin’ aid stations with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- A passionately well-marked course.
- LIVE race day updates and results both online and/or directly to an iPhone (free Webscorer results app – download here) where connectivity available.
- Support of Cedar Ridge Preserve
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS: We are very excited to be a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth!
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
Purchase and Reserve your snazzy EBA Hydrapouch to pick up race morning! (Note, You may have already done this during registration.)
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting.
ACCOMMODATIONS: There are a variety of hotels within 3-5 miles of race site.
Also, Cedar Hill State Park is nearby with camping options.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, friend, or that unknown dude or dudette over by that big tree? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
THE TRIBE: – Here are those getting dirty on July xx!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
All finishers will receive a finisher’s gift. To keep within the mission of EBA, the gift will be a useable item and will not be a traditional medal.
Fast Feet gift awards for the 9 km, 18 km, and 36 km race:
- Top 3 male and female finishers
- Top male and female in age group 29-and-under
- Top male nd female in age group 30-39
- Top male and female in age group 40-49
- Top male and female in age group 50-59
- Top male and female in age group 60+
*No stacking of awards. Overall awards will be assigned first, then age group awards. The gift award would roll down to the next person.
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after June xx.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
- Event shirts not picked up on race day will not be mailed.
Be sure to enjoy some post-adventure food and cheer on fellow finishers.