I am sorry to announce all EBA races have been cancelled for 2017. Full refunds have been issued for any registered runners.
If you like more of a story, you can read that here.
The Cedar Brake Trail Run takes place on the adventure-filled trail system at Cedar Ridge Preserve in Dallas, Texas. You will experience nearly everything that a north Texas trail can share with you – nicely groomed flats, rugged ups and downs, some rocks, some roots, and perty views as you run through the beautifully wooded Preserve.
Run 1, 2, 3 loops, or form a 3-person team in the relay division.
Then after you finish, sit in your chair and enjoy some fresh Organic coffee and a tasty cinnamon roll while reflecting on your adventure and cheering on the rest of the tribe.
*NEW – Cedar Brake Trail Run is an EBA Run ‘N’ Roll Event – you get the benefits of a high quality and fun EBA trail race without the extra bling – AND the savings is passed on to YOU.
What’s included in your Cedar Brake entry fee:
- A passionately well-marked course.
- High quality social media sized race pics to share with family and friends.
- Post-race yum – Tasty Cinnamon Roll and fresh Organic Coffee (bring your coffee mug)
- Rockin’ aid station with fluids and assortment of sugary/salty items.
- Onsite professional medical support.
- Online registration fees and any applicable taxes.
- Any land ownership event fees – Support of Cedar Ridge Preserve
- LIVE race day results both online and/or directly to an iPhone or Android device (here’s how) where connectivity available.
- Loads of fun in a natural environment with some amazing people.
There will be no shirt, finisher’s gift/medal, or awards.
* Cedar Brake is not part of the 2016 Texas Trail Running Championship Series.
DATE: Sunday October 30, 2016
DISTANCE: 4M, 8M, 12M, 12M 3-Person Relay
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas (Cedar Ridge Nature Preserve)
Cedar Ridge Nature Preserve is located in the southwest corner of Dallas between I-20 and highway 67.
**Due to limited parking, please consider sharing a ride with your fellow running tribe.**
ACCOMMODATIONS: There are a variety of hotels within 3-5 miles of race site.
Also, Cedar Hill State Park is nearby with camping options.
STARTING TIME: 12M(+Relay) / 8M / 4M – 7:30AM , Pending wave #2 based on final runner count – 7:45AM, Free Trail Tikes Fun Run (12 and under) – shortly after last race wave
PACKET PICK-UP / CHECK-IN: Race morning! We will be excitedly waiting. 🙂
TIME LIMIT: 4 hour time limit! This is based on the 12 mile start time. The entire course will be officially closed at 11:30AM. See cutoff times in the Course section below.
REGISTER: (*New* – EBA Run ‘N’ Roll Event – See top of page for what’s all included with your entry fee.)
Online Registration closes on Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
**There will be an entry limit of 225 runners.
**Cedar Brake is not part of the 2016 Texas Trail Running Championship Series.
It’s an honor to share the day with you and super excited to support your adventure!
- Verify your name on the Cedar Brake Confirmation List.
CUP-FREE AID STATIONS:
Since our very first race in 2011, we have been a cup-free racing event! In an effort to reduce our environmental impact (garbage creation, volunteer garbage pickup, etc), all aid stations will be cup-free. Please bring your own water bottle or hydration system. Yeah Earth! 🙂
See Cup-Free Racing Support for a list of hydrous options to support this transition.
Interested in a FREE EBA adventure for you, family, or friend? Check out the Volunteer page on how you can support fellow runners and take home some completely transferable EBA discounts.
Be part of the EBA Volunteer tribe! We are extremely grateful for your support!
FINISHER’S GIFT and AWARDS:
As an EBA Run ‘N’ Roll Event (High Quality and Fun – Without the extra Bling), there are no awards or finisher gifts – AND the savings are passed on to YOU.
We have 5 EBA High-5 Events (High Quality and Fun – With the extra Bling) throughout the year with finisher gifts and awards.
EBA TRAIL RUNNING COURSE:
OTHER BORING BUT TRUE DETAILS:
- All refunds will deduct a $10 processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after October 16.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather.
- If something occurs that threatens the safety of the event, the event will be altered if reasonable possible, or the event may be delayed or canceled.
- Entries cannot be rolled to another year.
- Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
Be sure to bring a favorite coffee mug and chair, then enjoy some post-race organic coffee and a tasty cinnamon roll while cheering on the tribe!